Friday, September 11, 2009

Veggie Tacos

If you've ever heard of Island's Restaurant, then you're missing out on their Veggie Tacos. I love to try and recreate things and I decided this time to add my own twist to it. My recipe is more of Mediterranean meets Southwestern. I was a little nervous of how it may have turned out, but to my surprise it looked and tasted GREAT!

Couscous:
1 c chicken broth
1 clove of garlic, minced
pinch of curry powder
pinch of paprika
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 c uncooked couscous

Add all ingredients, except the couscous, to a saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the dry couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

Veggie mix:
2 cup frozen Market Pantry Corn & Blackbean mix (found at Target)
1/2 Zucchini Squash, cut into strips

Oil a pan and toss in veggies. Cook until fully cooked.

Tacos:
Corn tortillas
Green Leaf Lettuce
Couscous
Veggie Mix

Layer lettuce on top of tortilla. Spoon desired amount of couscous on top of lettuce. Add veggie mix on top of the couscous. Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment